Rev. Dr. Dalton Jenkins is a resident of Yonkers, NY. He married his wife, Jacqueline, August 1992; this union has produced two boys: Jonathan and Justin.
He is a graduate of SUNY at Farmingdale where he earned an Associate of Science in Business Administration and CUNY at Herbert Lehman College where he earned a BS in Accounting. He has also earned two masters degrees (Master of Divinity and Masters of Ministries in Pastoral Counseling) from Andersonville Theological Seminary. Rev. Dr. Jenkins also earned his PHD (Doctor of Ministries) from New York Theological Seminary, NY in the Pastoral Care. He is an ordained elder licensed by the Church of The United Brethren In Christ, USA.
Dr. Jenkins accepted the Lord Jesus as his Savior at the age of 9. He is now a bi-vocational Church Planter. He currently serves as pastor at Bethel Temple Of Praise where he led four families in planting this church in Yonkers, NY. Over the past 35 years He has served in various capacities in various churches including Sunday School Teacher, Youth Director, Evangelist and a Minister to name a few.
Dr. Jenkins serves as a leader of leaders.
- He is currently serving as cluster leader for a group of 5 pastors were he is the liaison between the bishop’s office and the local churches.
- He is a member of his denomination’s Higher Education Leader Team.
- He is a member of the Board of Trustee for Huntington University, a liberal arts Christian University located in Indiana.
- He is the chair for the Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communication Committee for the university.
In his secular pursuit he is an Accountant for over 20 years. He currently is a Financial Controller in charge of accounting operations, budgeting, human resources and financial reporting.
Dr. Jenkins is a teacher, preacher, counselor and songwriter, he has written and produced a CD entitled “I Will Bless The Lord”. Dr. Jenkins is a man with a heart for souls and a passion for pleasing the Lord. He regularly speaks at local churches and reaches many using the latest technologies. You can follow his blog at Daltonjenkins.com and view his sermons on YouTube and the church’s website. He has published his first book entitled “Kingdom People Living By Kingdom Principles” (www.KingdomPeopleBook.com).
Dalton is married to Jacqueline since August 22, 1992, they have two boys, Jonathan and Justin.
Dalton has served the Lord for over 33 years and been a pastor for over 8 years. During these 33 years he has served in various capacities in different churches.
Fleming Memorial United Brethren, Battersea, Jamaica, WI
After he heard a sermon from Rev. Rowe he received the Lord as his Savior and under the pastoral guidance of Rev. Owen Gordon, he was baptized at the age of 9. During those early years of Christian ministry he served as Sunday School teacher, Youth Leader, Youth Choir Member and Usher.
First Church of The United Brethren, Bronx NY
When the First United Brethren Church was planted he was among the first young people in the church. He served as the first youth leader, on the various singing groups, taught the Bible Studies and was the fill in speaker at different times.
City Of Faith Church Of God, Bronx NY
Served in various ministries; Youth Director, Minister, Board Member, Choir and audio/video.
Bethel Temple Of Praise, UB
Dalton serves as senior pastor. He and 4 families planted the church in Yonkers, NY. The church was established in January 25, 2004 in Yonkers, New York, Westchester County.
– Doctor of Ministry (DMin) – 2012 – New York Theological Seminary
– Master in Pastoral Counseling – 10/2007 (Andersonville Theological Seminary)
– Master of Divinity degree – 10/ 2008 (Andersonville Theological Seminary)
– BS degree in Accounting – 1994 (Herbert Lehman College New York State University)
– Associate degree in Business Administration – 1991 – State University of New York at Farmingdale
- Certificate degree program in Biblical Studies – 2004 – City of Faith Bible Institute
- Certificate in General Bible Knowledge – 1992 – United Christian College of Ministry
These are pastors that have influence Pastor Jenkins’ ministry in different ways.
- Rev. Ivan Johnson – grandfather
- Rev. Stanley Mullings – granduncle
- Rev. Author Brown – early days of evangelism
- Rev. Errol Rowe – early days of evangelism
- Rev. Owen Gordon – Pastor – over 15 years of ministry (current)
- Bishop Courton Reid – Pastor – 11 years of ministry
- Rev. Trevor Williams – Pastor – 2 years of ministry
- Rev. Basil Dunkley – Pastor – 2 years of ministry
- Beverly Grayson – Mother
- Lurline Larmond – Mother-in-law
- Frances Gordon – Pastor’s Wife
- Annette Spencer – Church leader
- Tiny Gayle – Prayer Mother
- Many others from Battersea UB Church
- Written/Produced/Recorded one CD – “I Will Bless The Lord” in 2001
- Serve for 7 years as a Youth Organizer for New York Christian Fellowship linking churches together.
- Written his book entitled “Kingdom People Living By Kingdom Principles”
Hobbies and Interest
- Sports (soccer)
- Vacationing with my family
- Multimedia (music, desktop publishing etc.)
- Gardening (summer vegetables)